isothermalsection

Author Topic: Weather in the USA 2021.  (Read 46 times)

Offline mark

• Bishopdale Weather
Weather in the USA 2021.
« on: January 12, 2021, 04:15:15 PM »
Some parts of Texas experienced a rare heavy snowfall over the weekend as a winter storm swept through the region.

Snow falling across the region forced some school and government office closures and fostered some play time for adults and children cooped up in the pandemic.

As much as 6 inches of snow fell across parts of southern Texas, the National Weather Service in Houston reported Sunday night.

The National Weather Service tweeted on Sunday that "a corridor of locally heavy snow, with up to 1 inch per hour snow rates, will be noted from east Texas into northern Louisiana."

"Up to 6' of snow fell today in our area," tweeted the National Weather Service Austin/San Antonio on Sunday night. "The last time that happened was Christmas day 2004, when our Coastal Plains counties had a very white Christmas."
https://www.sott.net/article/447060-Texas-sees-rare-heavy-snowfall-as-winter-storm-sweeps-through-region

Offline mark

• Bishopdale Weather
Bryan, Texas, record-setting snowfall
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 07:12:20 PM »
Thousands of people across the Brazos Valley were still without power on Monday after Sunday’s record setting snowfall. Power crews were still working to restore electricity.

“It was pitch dark in our house. No lights and I woke up, my dog sleeps with me and my bed was shaking and I quickly realized it was because he was freezing cold,” said Alison Record, a Brazos County resident, who watched as linemen worked to get power back on in her neighborhood.

The blackouts were due primarily to downed power lines and downed trees.

“That was a very wet, heavy snow that we saw that can really weigh power lines and trees down and eventually they give way and break,” said Mike Connor, Bryan Texas Utilities Senior Energy Accounts Manager.

”Pretty much ripped the whole service down. We’re going to test it to make sure there is power or if there isn’t any power and then we can start working. If not we’re just, we’ll be hanging out waiting for BTU to respond,” said Abimael Sanabria, with Casiano Electric.

BTU didn’t have a timeline for when all the power would be restored.

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/01/11/power-crews-still-working-to-restore-electricity-across-brazos-valley-after-snowfall/

Share via twitter

xx
Weather in the UK 2021

Started by mark

0 Replies
Last post January 05, 2021, 05:55:12 PM
by mark
xx
Weather In Australia 2021.

Started by mark

4 Replies
Last post January 18, 2021, 06:53:52 PM