isothermalsection

Author Topic: Not Very Exciting  (Read 1810 times)

Offline RobertHH

Not Very Exciting
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:25:15 AM »
3°C
Current: Drizzle
Wind: N at 13 km/h
Humidity: 93%
It feels much colder due to the high humidity and drizzle, the only drizzle I like is drizzle cake and even then I think I would prefer a Victoria sponge.
The future weather predictions are just as bleak, with grey cloudy sky and no sunshine.
The lack of vitamin D, has prompted me to alter my recipe for my small loaf #:
100gm wholemeal bread flour
200gm strong white bread flour
50gm dessicated coconut
1 tblsp Malt Extract
11/2 tblsp olive oil
7gm Yeast (2 tsp)
200ml warm water
Method:
put the dessicated coconut, 200ml of warm water, 1 tblsp of Malt extract and 7gm of yeast,
into a mixing bowl and stir until the malt extract is fully dissolved.
Add 100gm of wholemeal bread flour and stir to a thick paste.
Cover with a tea towel and leave for an hour.
Add 200gm of strong white bread flour to the mixture, add 11/2 tblsp of olive oil then mix to form a dough
Kneed for 5 minutes and then lightly flour the dough ball and leave to rise in the covered bowl for approx 1 hour (it should have doubled in size).
Remove the dough from the mixing bowl, onto a lightly floured surface and kneed for 2 minutes, then shape into a loaf and place onto a baking tray covered with baking paper or place into a greased (with butter) baking loaf/tin.
Cover the formed loaf or loaf tin with a baking cover, large bowl or plastic bag (with lots of clearance around it for the rising loaf)
Leave to prove for around 1 to 11/2 hours.
Bake in a pre heated oven, gas mark 7, 220 C (180 C fan assisted) for 30 to 35 minutes.
The finished loaf should sound hollow when tapped lightly with a wooden spoon.
Turn out of the baking tin and make sure that the bottom of the loaf is crisp (if not return it to the oven upside down and out of its baking tin, for a further five minutes.
I hope that someone tries this loaf, it is excellent, or at least, I think it is :)

Lichfield, Staffordshire. UK

Share via twitter

For the Short Weather Forecast around New Zealand visit The Metservice.