New Zealand Local Weather Forum
Weather Discussion => Hardware Software and Technology => Topic started by: Dan on June 07, 2015, 06:58:09 PM
-
Hi,
My station on Metservice Your Weather is reading incorrectly. The pressure reads 1043 when Cumulus has never reported any higher than 1021.6
I wonder if this is an error on my station reporting to UK Metservice WOW or the way the UK reports the data to the NZ Metservice.
Anybody else see incorrect readings? Is this a common event?
Thanks
Dan
-
Update to last:
Metoffice WOW reporting "Pressure (At Station) 1021.5 hPa" correctly and also "Mean Sea-Level Pressure 1043.9 hPa" which is what is apparently sent to the MetService NZ.
They're reading the wrong figure then.
Dan
-
Apologies for bumping up but this is annoying me somewhat...
No matter what I do I cannot seem to get the Metservice WOW to read my station pressure. I saw the below link on Sandaysoft, but it is from back in 2013:
http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8768
Steve says that Cumulus sends MSLP to WOW and to make sure your site preferences are NOT to capture station pressure, but to capture MSLP instead.
I'm a bit lost on this as I don't see where this figure comes from. Is there some way of tweaking this? My system reports station pressure and is now (thanks to Jenny) pretty accurate after calibration. It's really bugging me as the guy down the road is reading the correct pressure - presumably station pressure into WOW, but I'm way off as I'm showing MSLP.
Assistance and feedback appreciated :o
PS Been busy making a Gill screen tonight out of an unused toilet vent and u-bend. Solid plastic with vents. Hopefully it will stop my sun strike :)
Dan
-
Dan I have jut checked the metservice Map and your web site.
They are a match including the pressure reading, so all good now :)
-
Thanks Jenny!
I have a feeling that the Metservice website was misbehaving and not portraying my true data. Metoffice WOW was correct, Wunderground was correct, Cumulus obviously correct but Metservice was wrong. Grrrrrrr!
Hey its been a bit blowy down here today. Got a new record gust and average speed.
See attachments. Time to break out the kids' kites!
Dan