New Zealand Local Weather Forum
Weather Discussion => Hardware Software and Technology => Topic started by: Tony on March 09, 2012, 01:04:24 AM
-
Hi,
I would like to start using PHP scripts on my weather web site. At the moment I'm using the freebie that comes with a Vodafone home internet account, which doesn't allow scripts.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I can go about achieving this? What companies to use or stay away from? What steps are needed etc.
Tony
-
Hi Tony
Did you find a host for your site?
-
Not as yet.
I'm still looking at options, the new websites for WeatherCat aren't finished yet so I'm not 100% sure what services I'll need to have them running properly.
Tony
-
Is this what you mean by weathercat?
weather cat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOPsmnexJi8#)
-
Lol... I might get into trouble with SPCA if I tried to re-boot that one!
-
That is one very patient cat :)
-
I use bluehost in the US because they were the best for me price wise especially since I have more than one website. I have not had any issues with them and have always found there support very helpful. I have been with them for about 5 years.
1st domains which is NZ largest domain company has a good deal at the moment. Their parent company is Net24. RegisterDirect is also linked in with these two companies. They have been around for along time and I have used them for about the last 8 years. The support has always been good. I use 1st Domains for the NZ domains I purchase and the other two companies for various client email requirements and have not had any problems with them either. Although lately have moved clients to Google Apps...whoops slightly off topic :). I have not used them for website hosting at this point thou. I will certainly look to using them for website hosting if the requirement fits the service they provide.
-
Thanks for the info Choc-a-holic,
Something more to consider before I make a decision
Tony
-
I've decided to go with FrameIT, run by Brendan of Te Puke Weather fame.
Very reasonable rates, and excellent service so far.
And no, he didn't ask me to say this ;)
Tony
-
lol we will believe you :)