New Zealand Local Weather Forum

Weather Discussion => Hardware Software and Technology => Projects => Topic started by: JennyLeez on November 14, 2012, 09:11:12 PM

Title: My weather using Maori Language Control Files
Post by: JennyLeez on November 14, 2012, 09:11:12 PM
For many months I have been typing up the language control files in Maori for the Saratoga template.
With limited knowledge of the maori language this has not been easy especially as I wanted this in modern Maori.
I managed to source a lady to help fluent in Te Reo and she spent many hours with me to have it as accurate as possible.
Maori words tended to be extremely long and so I ended up rewriting the english template to accommodate.
From there I had to translate all my changes into French, German, Dutch etc as well to ensure those language templates also worked. All in all it turned into quite a mission.

So this has been my latest project and now Wairoa is uploading live in maori and almost completed.
I even made a wee flag for up top where the languages may be changed.
See what you guys think :)

http://wairoa.dynu.net/saratoga/index.php (http://wairoa.dynu.net/saratoga/index.php)


Title: Re: My weather using Maori Language Control Files
Post by: Suezy on November 14, 2012, 09:42:03 PM
Absolutely wonderful Jenny and a real credit to you and your perseverance.
Clever clever girl you are.
Title: Re: My weather using Maori Language Control Files
Post by: gabba on November 14, 2012, 09:59:28 PM
That's awesome Jenny. When I heard you were doing thins I was absolutely rapt. Now it's online it looks brilliant. Congratulations and well done. It's great to see Te Reo being used on a weather website, and is a big asset to the Saratoga templates set.

A big thanks to you, and of course please pass our thanks onto your friend that helped you out
Title: Re: My weather using Maori Language Control Files
Post by: Deano on November 14, 2012, 10:49:58 PM
Nice one JL
Title: Re: My weather using Maori Language Control Files
Post by: beteljuice on November 15, 2012, 02:58:52 AM
Great work Jenny ! (http://www.beteljuice.co.uk/compost/notworthy.gif)

Is this a world first ?
Title: Re: My weather using Maori Language Control Files
Post by: Mark on November 15, 2012, 06:19:23 AM
Yes well done Jenny :).
Title: Re: My weather using Maori Language Control Files
Post by: JennyLeez on November 15, 2012, 11:03:00 AM
http://www.beteljuice.co.uk/compost/notworthy.gif[/img]

Is this a world first ?

Yep sure is. Only New Zealand Station running live in Maori.
Mr True has asked if he may add to the next distribution. The only problem is I have altered the template heaps.
I need to run it within the original template and see how it pans out.
Then add to control file. Just a time thing at present. But sure will be good for New Zealand :)
Title: Re: My weather using Maori Language Control Files
Post by: beteljuice on December 11, 2012, 12:14:12 PM
Bump ........

Any feedback or meaningful (media) mentions yet JL ?