isothermalsection

Jenny's Blog

smiley Jenny's Blog
December 26, 2016, 01:20:29 PM by JennyLeez
It is Boxing Day. I love Boxing Day as it means there is a whole year before Christmas bowls back again.

I have no idea where this year has gone. It only seems a few weeks ago I posted I would be pleased to see 2016 roll around as all station's year rainfall would be correct again.
....  and yep you guessed it, I will be happy to see 2017 for the same reason :)

Cheers to all and I wish you all the bestest and greatest for 2017 :)

Write a Comment:

Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment!

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

Comments:

[1] 2
clip Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 1)
December 18, 2018, 03:20:43 AM by PaulMy
Hi Jenny,
are these somewhat the same?

Enjoy,
Paul
xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 2)
December 18, 2018, 09:08:25 AM by TokWW
HAHA  @PaulMy - lettuce for the kitchen others are for medicinal use!! LOL!  @JennyLeez - what a huge back garden area ...  what are you going to do when all the lettuces grow full at the same time?  Oh and the side fence could do with some paint too ... LOL!  :P
xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 3)
December 18, 2018, 11:46:07 PM by JennyLeez
18th December 2018

@PaulMy
Gee you would need a lot leaves to make a half decent salad from those plants.
No my lettuces are nothing like that :)

@TokWW
what are you going to do when all the lettuces grow full at the same time
I will be very very busy....lol
No it is not so bad, they start to turn yellow from the bottom up slowly. I hasten this by picking, placing in dark and high temp (6 days).
Once yellow I hang them in high humidity and temp until brown (6 days). Needless to say I have a weather station in my Garage which is now not a garage :)
Once brown they are air dried for a couple of months and then boxed for 1 year. So these lettuces below are for my salads in the year 2020 :)

Look at the growth in 12 days. Thats what sun in the morning and rain in the afternoon does. They love it. The only draw back is I am spending a lot of time removing the laterals and it is back breaking :)

xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 4)
December 19, 2018, 10:05:36 AM by TokWW
18th December 2018[/size]

No it is not so bad, they start to turn yellow from the bottom up slowly. I hasten this by picking, placing in dark and high temp (6 days).
Once yellow I hang them in high humidity and temp until brown (6 days). Needless to say I have a weather station in my Garage which is now not a garage :)
Once brown they are air dried for a couple of months and then boxed for 1 year. So these lettuces below are for my salads in the year 2020 :)

Isn't that the process for tobacco plants to dried tobacco for smoking - Aha!  Now I get it, why @PaulMy  was sharing the other smoked product.  All for personal use only!  They are huge though!!  (Dummy me!)
xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 5)
December 20, 2018, 09:10:57 AM by TonyC
.... took me a while to cotton on.  PaulMy obviously knows his horticulture and picked up the variety of lettuce pretty quick!!  ;).

Happy Xmas

TC
xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 6)
December 20, 2018, 10:26:11 PM by JennyLeez
@PaulMy @TonyC

That type of lettuce is legal in Canada isnt it.
They need to do the same in New Zealand and then maybe these idiots would stop using that chemical stuff that is killing them.

Cheers
xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 7)
December 21, 2018, 03:36:48 AM by PaulMy
I was not very clear; it is not let us grow but let us use... O:-)

Using it became legal in October and many small and large industrial growing and processing operations have sprung up.  But the legal end-user distribution network hasn't kept pace yet.Jenny's garden would fit in well in that booming business.

Enjoy,
Paul
xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 8)
January 16, 2019, 11:27:23 PM by JennyLeez
After a week of temps in the low 30°C ( 86°F - 91.4°F ) and sprinklers going around the clock my lettuces are doing great.

As you see they are planted ways to close together which in themselves does not matter. But it sure is a mission taking off the laterals and flower buds. I end up a sticky mess and in the shower once done. These leaves are sugar saturated.

My pride in this years grow is slowly turning to anguish with the daunting task of having to harvest it all :)

xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 9)
January 17, 2019, 03:19:09 AM by PaulMy
Nice crop C:-)
And fence looks great!

Enjoy,
Paul
xx Re: Jenny's Blog (Reply 10)
January 17, 2019, 07:07:10 AM by Mark
What sort of lettuces are they iv never seen anything like it.

No rabbits where you live.
[1] 2