Author Topic: What does New Zealand mean to you?  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Babs

• Domestic Goddess
What does New Zealand mean to you?
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:14:14 AM »
What does New Zealand mean to you? And what does Wellington (insert your own town or city) mean to you.

A very wise man asked me that question this morning and do you know I couldn't think of an answer and said I would get back to him. I must ask him tonight when he gets home,  what his answer is.

Has anyone got the answer or answers to the above question, I would love to read some of them!

You're never alone with a Smartphone!

Offline PaulMy

• Financial Supporter
  • Enjoy!
    • KomokaWeather
  • Station: Davis VP2 Plus w/24 FARS 6163
Re: What does New Zealand mean to you?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:19:34 PM »
Has anyone got the answer or answers to the above question, I would love to read some of them!
And I would love to read them as well.  Whenever we travel, which isn't that often, I always try to reach out to see what the people there really think about their area and about outsiders.  Ours is a small world with today's available technology and travelling, yet so far/different from our own area and biases.

Paul

Offline intrepid

• Kelson
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 06:01:20 AM »
To me, NZ means, firstly, greenery and landscape.  We have such wonderful landscape - bush, hills, seaside, trees and farms.

Secondly, NZ has a cafe culture.  As some of you know, I am a fan of coffee!  I like the fact that Wellington can boast a heap-load of cafes and places where you can have coffee.  I love being able to brew up a coffee and go and get a coffee almost anywhere!

After that, my mind goes a little blank!  What else is there?  Maybe the fish and chips!  We have access to a wide range of fish and that goes well with a variety of chips - beer-battered chips is my favourite.

What else does NZ mean to me...? 

Will get back to you.

Offline Babs

• Domestic Goddess
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:09:55 AM »
I have to agree with Intrepid about the greenery plus the native birds and our flowering native trees and the pride I feel when I read about overseas tourists,  visitors and journalists exclaiming about the beauty of our country.

Wellington stole my heart away when I moved here in 1986 and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else,  even a sojourn of living in Brisbane's CBD for 6 months,  and that is a pretty tree filled city,  couldn't change my views about our lovely hilly windy city.
Sure it gets windy and sure we have some bad weather but This Is Wind This Is Wellington.

Share via twitter

xx
Weather in New Zealand.

Started by Mark

1 Replies
Last post December 27, 2020, 08:31:21 PM
by Mark
xx
RE: weather in New Zealand.

Started by Mark

11 Replies
Last post March 21, 2024, 07:16:44 PM
by Mark
xx
New Zealand Warmest and Coldest May

Started by Sheldybett

2 Replies
Last post June 16, 2019, 02:46:08 PM
by Sheldybett
xx
M6.9 - 76km S of Brooklyn, New Zealand

Started by Mark

7 Replies
Last post July 21, 2013, 11:21:02 PM
by TokWW
xx
Want to help improve New Zealand's broadband?

Started by OhauitiWeather

5 Replies
Last post April 21, 2012, 07:40:28 PM
by iomkiwi